Thursday, May 14, 2009

Homeward Bound

I head back to my desert homeland this afternoon. The older brother is graduating medical school. Hooray for Mark! Drunken hijinks to ensue.



As I mentioned, I had an intense week of work. Which I have followed up with a many-day bender of sorts. Now a brief recap for the week+ I haven't posted.

Tom: after the immature email exchange, Tom proceeded to call and text many, many (many) times, insisting on speaking with me. I told him repeatedly that I did not want to speak to him, whereupon he threatened to keep trying until I answered the phone. He eventually gave up, and has only called/texted on one occasion since then. My theory is he likes to use his days off (Mondays and Tuesdays) to harass me. And why not? Can we think of a better pastime? In more interesting news, he did reveal that "the girl he's seeing" - well, not so much. they've hung out. not even kissed. or at least, hadn't as of last week. So it is true he threw her at me in a desperate and transparent attempt to hurt me. It worked.

Jimmy: Jimmy (the ex-bf prior to Tom) has also been in touch. Every few weeks we have innocuous text conversations, generally consisting of pleasantries and well wishes. It's nice. But recently, I have upped the "come to NY!" requests. I'm very much trying to get him here. To see where things stand, to reassess, and because I'm lonely. OK? I said it. I will keep you posted on that project.

Benny: Remember Benny? We went out on Tuesday night. If he were anyone else, it would have been a date, i think. We had drinks at my favorite bar by work, then dinner at a trendy-ish restaurant, followed by more drinks. Benny is clearly in the friend zone. We talked about him wanting to get back together (sort-of) with his last girlfriend (cliffs notes: he doesn't really like her, wishes she liked him more, basically just wants a reliable dinner date. oh, and sex.) And about Tom, and about Nicole and Patrick (he's in the loop on that one), and then about love and dating in general. And it was fun and intimate and really great. So we'll keep that exactly where it is, and not even think about more.

I also hung out with a friend from South America last night. She's rad. And she wants to set me up with some famous billionaire heir flimmaker. We can all just have a good laugh at that one!


Basically, I could have summed up this entire post in a word: NOTHING. I got nothing. No dates, no crushes, no one to drunk dial, drunk text or get my head all distracted about. Is this the best place or me right now? Absolutely. Is it boring as hell? If you have read this far, I'm impressed at your stamina for snoozefest, but absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment