Tuesday, May 26, 2009

4 Years... or not really



Do you twitter stalk? Do I deserve to be committed?

Tuesday would have been my 4 year anniversary with Tom. And lately I have been twitter stalking like a crazy person. I just can't get myself to stop. So I put in a call to the therapist, and took a stroll down therapy lane this afternoon. Some tidbits from Dr. Mars*:
beginning with the obvious: stop twitter stalking. NOW. it will do no good, never ever, on no planet, under no circumstances, ever. I mean it. And start exercising - as we all know, exercise has been one of the few reliable, highly effective and free depression treatments around. SO - Exercise Watch 2009 begins today. I will commit to at least 4 work outs every week. Sound too ambitious (it does to me...)? Shoot for the stars.
the less obvious: she gave me permission to put my stop smoking efforts on hold as long as I started exercising. Also to be bracketed- thinking about dating (or the future in general in that respect). We're thinking short term - for all intents and purposes, it is as though Tom and I broke up in April- and not October. So give a girl some time to mourn!
the music-to-my-ears-because-I-am-a-heinous-bitch: she was so smiling, pleased, assign Lib a ribbon color and put her name on a foundation excited that it was finally over with Tom, and so proud I had taken the last step in breaking it off. Seriously- I think she wanted to throw a parade in my honor for not contacting him for 46 days (yes, I counted). And, in her professional opinion, there is no way Tom is happy. Having counseled me through over a year of our relationship pre-breakup and then the post-breakup period, she knows a little about Tom. According to her, he will continue to have the same problems he had in our relationship anytime he gets close to someone. Translation: he may get a girl to fall in love with him, but lordy is she in for a world of pain. (Sorry I am being mean spirited here. I hope you'll forgive me.)
She also had some things to say about Patrick and Nicole, but this is getting a bit long and let you consider what she might have said on your own.

In other news, Benny and I seem to be getting closer. I have made a sober decision to not pursue it, but I can't be sure that decision will stick while drinking. Seems like a wise choice as he is moving in with my brother- who moves here TOMORROW!!!!! Happy dancing in my office chair.


as for why I am posting, I have just been so amused and inspired by other blogs, that I figured it was premature to abandon the ship. So what if no one wants to read it, its boring, its silly, etc. As I keep reading, it is my space to do with as I please.


Sending my love out to the blogosphere, today's favorite is Petunia Faced Girl. Making me smile several times a day. Check her out if you haven't already.
And finally- I am taking suggestions for my next read. Out Stealing Horses is just about done, and I have nothing lined up. Anyone read a good book lately?
*not her real name
image credit: qthrul

No comments:

Post a Comment