Friday, April 24, 2009

Everybody has a blog...

Well, a lot of people do. I realize I'm a little late to the party, but I just discovered these things! And never one to be left out (not true), I decided to start my own. Half-cocked, unfocused, and impulsive - like everything I do these days.

I'm sure I will be the only one reading this (how would one even find it???), and that is fine by me. Recognizing it may take some time to develop a "theme" and a "style," I am looking forward to anonymously going forth. It's time for some heavy duty catharsis, some working it out on the page, blah blah blah.

Who am I? Why do I think anyone would want to read a blog about my life. Well... I'm a 28 year old "professional" living in Brooklyn and working in "the City" (I promise I don't use "quotes" too often (and I don't air quote) but parentheticals is another story), transplanted from the desert about 7 years ago, by way of the South. As my landlords euphemistically put it yesterday when I asked them to let me out of my lease, I am "in a year of transition." I *just* (more on that later) ended an almost-4-year relationship, and eventually must embark on the dating scene - if such a thing exists - again. I can finally admit that I HATE my job and am ready to seriously consider other (lower-paying) jobs that might not have the soul-sucking quality of my current 9-5 (ha! 9-5). I have travelled to foreign lands to find my purpose (guess I should have known purpose doesn't live in the southern hemisphere. and if it does, it would take more than 3 months to find... elusive little bastard.) Basically, I am undergoing a lot of change (optimists might say growth?) and I think for my sanity I need to chronicle it. I have given it some thought, and here, in summary outline, are the reasons I am writing this blog:

What I Expect to Get Out of This: I need to work through my "issues." Normally they just swim around in my head, and journaling never caught on with me. So I want a place where I can let 'em all hang out. In hopes that they will actually get sorted out. And then there is the issue that my best friend (patient and wonderful though she may be) is sick of my sh*t. And I am sick of complaining to her. If I ever get readers, I am hoping they can offer an outside perspective. Plus, I'm hoping it will be fun! You know, when you have someone to tell things to, suddenly there are things to say???

What I Hope You (you being at this point entirely hypothetical) Will Get out of This: Granted, I have managed to put myself in a very unhappy and unproductive life-place. But that doesn't mean I don't have gems of wisdom to impart! And if nothing else, you can learn from the mistakes I have made, and will no doubt continue to make. And I'm hoping it will be fun! (I know I said that already)



So here goes. Hello, internets! I hope it helps me. I hope it helps you. or at least entertains you - my ineptitude at life must be good for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment